Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's Time to Settle Biznatches! (Catan-Style)

Thief-Raped.

Oh my goodness... After playing hours upon endless hours of this game back at home, now I'm sucked back into it thanks to certain obsessive upperclassmen who insist on playing every ungodly night.
I mean, I always loved this game: mechanics are innovative, game moves at a steady pace (depending on the people you play with...), and there's always such epic chances of comebacks which will probably get you lynched after the gloating. Even though the game itself offers a very involved strategic experience, I'd have to say the best part of the game is how intense the rivalries can get. Just playing one game got me no less than three death threats and the trash-talking can degenerate to elementary school level in just the freaking set-up phase.

i.e.) C: Aww, you lose your sheep again, D****?
D: Shut up, I'm gonna kill you.

Ah, man, you gotta love the thief... Speaking of that bastard, I hate how you can only steal cards from the players who settled on the tile you thieve. It's just unfair how much damage you can inflict on one person, but I guess the hilarious arguments that come out of completely destroying one player's hope is well worth it.

Oh, and by the way, Year of Plenty is the most broken card in the game, I don't care what anybody says.

I'm understanding more and more that the people you play with overweighs, or at least is equal to, the gameplay itself, especially for board games. This is probably why I love board games so much; no matter how bad the game is (MONOPOLY) you can still have a good time with your friends and get some priceless moments out of it (Landing on Boardwalk with double hotels... ouch).

Anyway, I'm gonna have to turn to some more settling until Last Night on Earth comes out. Oh, and it's gonna be so good.

2 comments:

Abe said...

hahaha, oh my ji.....

Unknown said...

Haha Ji I finally found this ;D

 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. Designed by Nurudin Jauhari. Get Free Templates @ Free BlogSpot Templates