Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hayate no Gotoku! 22 - Maria == HOT

Proof that even fishing can be sexy with the right presentation

I love this show. I love Maria. I love the parodies. I love Maria. Almost halfway there, but still no plot development, but I don't really care, because every time I watch this show, it just makes me happy.
This time around, Nagi drags Hayate to go fishing with her after reading some Sanpei, after which some more hilarious misunderstandings occur.


One weird thing is how much Nagi reminds me of myself, it freaks me out. I mean, when I was a kid I used to read all sorts of manga and get obsessed with whatever I had read about an hour ago. I seriously think my childhood aspirations were directly related to which manga I was reading that week... oh, wait... I still do that.
Anyway, it turns out Maria pwns at fishing, too (surprise!), which is actually strangely attractive... the thing I still don't understand, though, is if Maria is so freaking smart and good at EVERYTHING, why is she a MAID? Of all the things she could possibly do? Especially for Nagi. I'm guessing there's some back-story to how this came to be, but if there isn't, I wouldn't be too shocked considering this is an anime about a combat butler.



Omega-Kawaii~

I always love trying to see how many references I can point out. Usually I miss only a couple (yes, yes, even I cannot catch every parody...), but this episode was particularly easy. BTW, I could totally see Maria cosplaying Mikuru during her free time, and I'd have to say Nagi = Danchou, Isumi = Yuki, Hayate = Kyon (kinda forced), Tama = Itsuki (LOL), and Sakuya = Tsuruya. Oh! and Hinagiku as Asakura ftw.


I love you Shin... I mean, Hayate

You gotta love Tama as Kaworu, though Klaus would've been an equally hilarious alternative. Hayate as Shinji doesn't really cut it, however. Hayate is definitely missing the whole "I'm-so-emo-I-could-turn-into-LCL" attitude. In fact, Hayate is probably the antithesis of Shinji, but no matter, it was funny nonetheless.

I'm glad to see the Hayate-Maria relationship developing a little more, because it fools me into thinking that there will be a hint of a serious plot arc coming our way. I guess adding actual romance into Hayate would be kinda weird though.


Saitoouuu!!!!!!!! K-k-kono B-bb-baka Inuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nagi's reactions to anything Hayate does is awesome. Especially when she thinks he's "cheating" on her. Snap, Naruto's Kyubi-form has nothing against Super Nagi-jin 5. And did anyone else detect a little Louise in Nagi's reaction to Hayate and Maria's "awkward moment"? Sometimes I think Kugimiya Rie has a universal voice that she uses for every tsundere character she plays, which is like 90% of all the roles she plays. Not that I'm against it, Kugimiya-san is seriously one of my favorite seiyuu's. Plus with her coming back with her best role ever this season, I guess Hayate and Zero no Tsukaima will have to hold me off until Shakugan no Shana II airs.


No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. Designed by Nurudin Jauhari. Get Free Templates @ Free BlogSpot Templates